As a focal point of Austria’s Federal Government, electro mobility is a key measure when it comes to decarbonisation of transport.
In the course of the following years and decades we will tackle the challenge of reducing the impact transport has on our climate and environment and try to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels.
E-mobility and renewable energy are integral parts to realise the Paris Agreement and serve as a key to implement the national and EU standards of air quality. In addition, these factors are crucial regarding the energy and climate packages for 2020 and 2030 as well as the strategies for a low-carbon economy.
Facts and Figures
Current figures of new registrations, vehicle population and an overview of all public accessible charging points for electric vehicles in Austria.
- Elektromobility in Austria 2019/August (pdf 3,2 MB)
- Elektromobility in Austria 2018 (pdf 923 KB)
- Elektromobility in Austria 2017 (pdf 1,8 MB)
- Elektromobility in Austria 2016 (pdf 1,1 MB)
- Elektromobility in Austria 2015 (pdf 1,1 MB)